Welcome to the Active Adults 50 Plus Ministry of the Niceville United Methodist Church. We warmly welcome you to participate in our activities and programs, and join our community of people who are seeking Christ and who are growing and serving in His name!
Please note the side bar to the left. Here you find links to more information about events to enjoy community, to grow (spiritually, physically and mentally), and to serve others and Christ.
- Aging with Hope and Faith: Celebrating LIFE: Join us for this special Active Adults 50 Plus event and learn the answer to that question! Author, Missy Buchanan will be our keynote speaker. It will be a day you will not want to miss, so put it on your calendar now! Oct 14, 2014, 9:00 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Missy Buchanan has appeared on Good Morning America and written several books. Cost for this event is $10 and includes lunch. Deadline to RSVP is Tues., Sept. 30, 2014. Contact Barbara, 678-4411, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, please click on the Flyer!
- Flu Shot clinic is ON! Wednesday, October 1st, 4:00–5:30 p.m. in Room 700. Hosted by Walgreens. Flu shot: $25.99. A higher dose shot recommended for 65 and older: $51. Thiramosal-free flu shots will also be available. They will file with your insurance for you (a co-pay may be required) or you may file for reimbursement yourself.
- Corn Maze: Come with us to the Sweet Season Farm, on Saturday, October 4th to tackle the corn maze and enjoy a hayride! Then we will travel to Milton for lunch at David’s Catfish. Departing at 8:00 am, returning about 2 pm. Cost: $13 includes admission and transportation.
- Gulf Coast Zoo: Enjoy the morning with the animals…maybe even feed a giraffe! We will have lunch at Johnny Houston’s. Cost: $20.00 for admission, train ride through the free range area and transportation. Departing at 8:00 am, return at 3:00 pm. Contact Barbara for itinerary and details: 678-4411, ext 123; email@example.com.
- Callaway Gardens/La Grange Trip: Travel with us to see the Callaway Gardens Fantasy in Lights! We’ll also tour Bellevue (an antebellum home), the National Infantry Museum (includes the IMAX film "Jerusalem"), and the Walker-Peters-Langdon house. We will stay overnight at the Wingate in LaGrange, GA. Departing 7:00 a.m. on Thursday Dec 11, returning 5:30 p.m. on Friday Dec 12. Cost: $201 includes admissions, travel (via motor coach), hotel, one breakfast and one lunch. Trip limited to 30 people! Sign-ups close Nov 17.
If you have any questions or if you would like to get connected in any of these areas, please call or email or stop by the ministry office (Room 704, first floor of the Chandler Building) for a visit.
Active Adults 50 Plus Brochure (updated monthly):
This brochure contains current information about trips and activities.
For more information
Minister to Active Adults 50 Plus
Barbara Wilder, 678-4411, ext. 123