Welcome to the Active Adults 50 Plus Ministry of the Niceville United Methodist Church. We warmly welcome you to participate in our activities and programs, and join our community of people who are seeking Christ and who are growing and serving in His name!
Please note the side bar to the left. Here you find links to more information about events to enjoy community, to grow (spiritually, physically and mentally), and to serve others and Christ.
- Young at Heart: Our program for Tuesday, August 12, will be author Charles Davis. Charles will share stories of growing up in Pensacola. Join us at 11:30am in the Fellowship Hall. Cost for lunch: $6. Please sign up or cancel for lunch by the Friday noon, August 8: email@example.com or 678-4411.
- Karaoke Night!! Are you interested in a fun evening? Bring your friends and come sing or just listen and enjoy a great evening of laughter and fellowship! Please bring a savory or sweet finger food to share. Fellowship Hall, Thursday, August 28, 2014, 6– 8:30 p.m. Come and go as you like that night. No cost, but please sign up.
- Exploring What’s New at Destin Commons – Shop and explore in small groups, and, if you’d like, reassemble at Uncle Buck’s for lunch and bowling. On Thursday, August 21, we will depart at 9:30 a.m., and return by 3:00 pm via church bus. Cost: $2 or bring a friend for only $3 total. Sign up by August 14. Lunch and bowling are not included in trip cost. Bowling will cost about $10.
- North Carolina in October!! We are taking a 6-day trip to enjoy the fall color and to visit many beautiful locations such as Biltmore House and Gardens, The Cove, Historical Green River Plantation, and Lake Lure. Too many to list all here, but check out the trip brochure (PDF). This trip is already filling fast, so don’t delay in signing up.
- Scotland/Ireland Cruise: Sign-ups are now open for this cruise, August 24 – September 6, 2015 aboard the Royal Princess cruise ship. Cabins start at $4730 and is all inclusive (cruise, taxes, fees, transfers, airfare) except for gratuities. You can book your cabin with a $100 deposit until July 31, 2014; after that date the deposit will be approximately $700. An optional pre-cruise tour of London to include John Wesley sites is also available. Contact Barbara for itinerary and more details!
If you have any questions or if you would like to get connected in any of these areas, please call or email or stop by the ministry office (Room 704, first floor of the Chandler Building) for a visit.
Active Adults 50 Plus Brochure (updated monthly):
This brochure contains current information about trips and activities.
For more information
Minister to Active Adults 50 Plus
Barbara Wilder, 678-4411, ext. 123