Welcome to the Active Adults 50 Plus Ministry of the Niceville United Methodist Church. We warmly welcome you to participate in our activities and programs, and join our community of people who are seeking Christ and who are growing and serving in His name!
Please note the side bar to the left. Here you find links to more information about events to enjoy community, to grow (spiritually, physically and mentally), and to serve others and Christ.
- Young at Heart: Tuesday, March 11, 11:30 a.m., Fellowship Hall. Program: Nolan Windholtz on his pottery wheel sharing faith applications. Cost: $6. Please sign up with Barbara by Friday, March 7th, email@example.com or 678-4411.
- Mission Opportunity at Children in Crisis: This organization was founded to give sibling groups hope and a safe place to live. They are in need of help in keeping their food pantry organized. We are putting together 4 teams of 3 people to serve about 2 hours, one Wednesday a month as well as a few people who can serve as substitutes as needed. We will receive training and a tour of the facility on Wednesday, March 5th, 8:00-10:00 a.m. Please call Barbara before March 5th if you would to be a blessing to the children and house parents at Children in Crisis!
- Celebrate the Easter season with our trip to the Explorations in Antiquity Center in LaGrange, GA. Ancient history comes alive with full-scale archaeological reconstructions from Israel’s history and a Biblical meal. We will also tour the Hills and Dales Estate, an impressive antebellum mansion in Greek-Revival style. Thursday-Friday, April 10-11, we will depart at 6:30 a.m. Cost: $186, includes admissions, transportation by motor coach, hotel and four meals. Trip is almost full, so call today! Sign up with $40 deposit. Balance due by March 20.
- Seacrest Wolf Preserve trip - Visit the wolves and foxes, raccoons, skunks and more, up close and personal..no barriers! Sat., March 15th, departing at 9:45 am, return at 6:00 pm. Cost: $29 includes transportation and admission.
- Turkey Creek Walk – Fri., March 21st meet us at the Turkey Creek pavilion at 10:30 am for a walk down the boardwalk (1.5 miles total) and then enjoy conversation and your brown bag lunch together there. Please contact Barbara if you will be attending. No cost for this outing.
If you have any questions or if you would like to get connected in any of these areas, please call or email or stop by the ministry office (Room 704, first floor of the Chandler Building) for a visit.
Active Adults 50 Plus Brochure (updated monthly):
This brochure contains current information about trips and activities.
For more information
Minister to Active Adults 50 Plus
Barbara Wilder, 678-4411, ext. 123